About the New Zealand Manufacturers and Exporters Association
The NZMEA supports and represents New Zealand’s vibrant manufacturing and exporting sectors. The NZMEA is a non-for-profit business Association made up of manufacturing and exporting member companies.
We believe a thriving manufacturing sector is vital to New Zealand’s economy. It needs successful manufacturing businesses, like yours, to generate export income, growth and employment.
We are here to help your business grow, and through that, help New Zealand’s economy grow in a sustainable way.
We Support Your Business
- By acting as a focal point of relevant information that we proactively share with you.
- Through presentations that are tailored for manufacturers, led by industry experts and key influencers.
- By providing training courses on key topics that will advance your business and support smarter operations.
- By helping you expand into new markets.
- By providing free export documentation that allows you to gain the benefits of FTAs.
We Connect You
- To other manufacturers’ knowledge, experience and expertise, both in person and electronically though MEAssist.
- To like-minded people through unique peer learning, networking events and factory tours.
- By providing opportunities to meet and engage with officials, politicians and leaders/influencers.
We Speak Up On Your Behalf
- We listen to your views and act on issues. Your views inform everything we do, from raising them directly with politicians and Government officials, to making formal submissions on your behalf.
- We work proactively with media to change the perception of and promote understanding of manufacturing, reflecting it’s true value, growth, and employment opportunities.
- We focus soley on manufacturing and exporting, which allows us to speak up on the issues that really matter to your business, without compromise.
Formation and History
The New Zealand Manufacturers and Exporters Association (NZMEA) was formed through the merger of the Canterbury Manufacturers’ Association and the New Zealand Engineers Federation in 2007.
The NZMEA Council and CEO Forum is elected from the Chief Executive, General Manager or equivalent level of manufacturing and exporting enterprises. The Council and CEO Forum authorises policy, approves all major decisions of the Association and elects a Board from their number to deal with the day to day governance of the organisation. Officers are appointed from the Board.
Each President serves a two year term having served two years each as Vice President and Junior Vice President. The President also serves two years as Immediate Past President: a process that creates stable senior governance.